Junk that makes life more tolerable:
- My red St. Giles sweatshirt – God, it feels so good. If I had a tiny beaded necklace and Gap Dream body spray, I’d swear I was in 11th grade.
- The Husband – When I call him to bitch, he pretends to listen and that’s enough for me. He also dances, and its glorious. And he smells good.
- The Kaiser – Did I mention he said “motherfucker” yesterday? No? Well he did.* I’d rather be talking to him about bugs than doing, oh, anything.
- Chips and salsa – Truth: This should be number 1.
- Little Murray Sparkles** – She is beautiful and kind and her breath smells like sunshine.
- Eleanor Frito Fraser – My little hot-water bottle, the Frito keeps me warm and is the best snuggler I know. She features her own stink cloud, a Kermit-the-Frog face and a positive attitude.
- Marlboro Light Menthols – We may say goodbye, but you’ll always be my best friend.
- Diet Coke – Have no fear, DC, I shall never abandon you.
- Insanely creative friends, old and new – Memes, Tommy, Kevin (dude, get a website), Simon, Dan, Carla (duuuude)… I’m inspired.
- Writing – And everything*** that comes with it. I appreciate those that read, that comment, that send me luuuuvz when I need it. I’m thankful.
- Sobriety – It’s been a while now. And yeah, recovery is sexy. 😀
*Alrightalright, I said it first. Trying to get the motherfucking car seat strapped down. And I apologized.
**Honorable mention: St. Jimmy no Balls (On days he doesn’t take a human-sized dump and on the rare occasions he doesn’t bite me, look generally disgusting or plot my demise)
***Third rejection today. It’s still OK.